Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Laid Back Sample Project - Update 4

I've got some pretty nice samples waiting in the wings to be trialled, and I'm enjoying this relaxed project even more than I thought I would! It feels so positive to be actually using the products and documenting my thoughts and first impressions - it satisfies the hoarder in me to have a record of things and new stuff keeps the beauty junkie in me alive, too!
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner
I managed to squeeze two uses from this sample size, and it really highlighted how ineffective my current hair mask is (that I use as conditioner!) I tend to stick with drugstore hair products but this smelt nice and did a good job of softening my strands, so who knows!

Lush Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
I actually finished this a little while ago (seen in my empties!) but forgot to include it in my sample project! I didn't mind the strong iris scent but there are others from Lush that I prefer so I will stick to buying those.

YSL Shocking Faux Cils Mascara
This mascara is a thing of beauty - I am pretty lucky in the lash department but never has it been more evident than when I'm wearing this bad boy! The downside to this is that I now despise most of my current lash options as they pale in comparison to this...

Estee Lauder Modern Muse
I absolutely adore this scent, and have used up another sample vial of it in the past, too. It's a scent I spray on anytime I pass an Estee Lauder counter, which says to me that I need to pick up a full size in the future!
------------------------------------------

Previous updates!
Original Project Post
Update 1ft. Versace, Lush, Dior and LaGaia
Update 2 ft. Balenciaga, Biore, Mario Badescu and Missha
Update 3 ft. Benefit, L'Oreal, L'Occitane and Smashbox

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far, sending positive vibes out to all of you for the week ahead!
-Emma x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like that EL scent is calling to you! I'm keeping note of my likes and loves as I go through my samples and I'm drafting quite a shopping list - I totally see how doing this project helps keep the beauty addiction thriving too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it to be so enthralling for some reason - actually all of the EL scents I've sampled have been above par now that I think about it! I haven't got too big of a list but am enjoying noting my feelings on each item - then once I pare back my collection I can be sure I'll only add great items back in!

      Delete
  2. Lovely samples :)
    I´ve heard so many good things about the YSL Shocking Faux Cils mascara that I´m not surprised you love it :) I
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! It's definitely one of the best mascaras I've ever used, wish it wasn't so expensive though!

      Delete
  3. You're doing well. Samples are soooo annoying to finish (especially when it's a one use skincare sample).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't mind sachet body samples etc but it's hard to gauge how effective a product can be on a one use facial sample, which is frustrating!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...