Thursday, August 6, 2015

Laid Back Sample Project - Update 2

I think I could be moving through this sample project a little faster, but the 'laid back' nature of it negates all guilt and the fact that I'm clearing out my sample stores is a wonderful thing no matter the pace! Perfume samples seem to be the fastest movers as I find them wonderful to try out on work days, and I already have another scent ready to be reviewed in the next instalment of the project. You can read my original Laid Back Sample Project post here, and the first update here.
Balenciaga Rosebotanica
I'm generally a fan of Balenciaga fragrances but this didn't sit well on me. It was soapy and overtly musky on me, and definitely not something I'd like to add to my perfume collection.
 
Biore Gentle Make-Up Removing Wipes
This was a lot more textured than other wipes I've used, but it wasn't a wet enough formula for me to consider picking up.

 
Missha B.B. Boomer
In essence a luminesce primer, this felt nice on the skin and I liked how the shimmers looked when swatched. I'm more of a matte finish kinda gal though so don't think I would personally buy this.
 
Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser
I had two of these little samples that I received from Kit Cosmetics, one had turned and this one was still in fine condition. I didn't like how this felt on my skin, you had to warm it up for it to apply evenly and overall it didn't impress me. This is actually the only M.B. product I've used that I didn't fall in love with!
------------------------
Four fails out of four, huh? I suppose it's safer than having new lemmings to constantly add to my list. None of these products were 'bad' just nothing I want or need - if you've had luck with any of them, be sure to let me know in the comments!
-Emma

8 comments:

  1. I'm the WORST at using up samples! I always save them to use for travel, but most of my products are under 100mL so can be brought on a plane anyway. I commend you for making an effort to use yours up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to be going through some finally - though some I think I want to just give away and be done with it, ha! I have saved some for weekends away that we've just booked, they will be fun to use then :)

      Delete
  2. I have a sample of Florabotanica that I really like. Have you smelt that one?
    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I quite like that one! I have another sample of that to try again so will report on that one too. I remember liking it :)

      Delete
  3. Nice sample :) Bisous from France, *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the laid back nature of your sample tackling! Kind of relaxes me to read these posts. And personally I'm thrilled whenever a sample kills a lemming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much from you Liz, I feel really relaxed and content when I write them, it has kind of make me enjoy blogging again to be honest.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...