Monday, April 13, 2015

The Weekend Vibe


Is there anything more delicious than a lazy Sunday morning? I can’t think of anything I enjoy more than a cheeky sleep in, a big (and I mean BIG!) mug of coffee and nothing on the agenda for the day but tidying up the house, watching Catfish with Mister and perhaps a sneaky trip to Masters! Often I’ll roll around on the Sunday bare-faced, but other times I feel like playing around with makeup (or we’re heading out to the local café for breakfast and I need to look alive!) I’ve been really enjoying throwing my new and shiny products in with old staples to simultaneously put a dent in some pans and spice up my routine for the weekend! Here is my weekend face…
 
 

A major trim fringe occurred during the week by the way– still a bit springy but I’m loving the way it frames my face differently than before I had it chopped! So back to the makeup – I’m still working on my bottle of Illamasqua Skin Base (which is part of my Project Use It Up) and I’m getting a bit frustrated that I can’t see how much more I have to go before it’s done, but I’m persisting and teamed it with my forgotten tube of Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer – this stuff really packs a punch when it comes to coverage! For eyes I went with my current go-to team: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze + MAC Jaunty + MAC Coquette – long-lasting and a fallback when I’m focusing on the blush colour over all else!

I picked up the Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette when I first hit up Sephora in Las Vegas, and I was so excited about making the purchase that the kind sales assistant opened up each and every palette so that we could select which variation of the marbled blush shades would best suit me (Sephora, I heart you big time) When I landed in Australia I promptly avoided using it as I sometimes get this crazy fear of disappointment - #beautybloggerproblems? It turns out I had nothing to worry about, the quality of this blush formula is insane (see Radiant Magenta in my 2014 Favourites here) and I’m loving the way Incandescent Electra is a glowy and easy to wear orange shade for me.

What is involved in your perfect Sunday? Does it pain you to think about the weekend on a Monday, or does it help you push through the week like it does for me?

-Emma xx

12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous palette! I've far too many blushes.

    http://www.glossandmagic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a serious blush addiction so I know just what you mean!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh you look gorgeous! That Hourglass blush palette is so darn pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Candice - Hourglass blushes are so damn good!

      Delete
  3. Love the fringe - it's super cute! You look so fresh-faced and radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie, I needed a big change like that!

      Delete
  4. Your fringe makes you look younger! =) I'm on school holidays at the moment so it's been pretty cruisey for me heehee. Hourglass is definitely on my to try list!

    xox Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I got asked at work the other day if I was in my teens, and I had my fringe back and all! Made me laugh as I'm older than the person who asked ;) Holidays rock!

      Delete
  5. Love the fringe on you! I've always been curious about the Illamasqua foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed Skin Base - excited to try something new next but it's definitely great if you like a fuller coverage base :)

      Delete
  6. My god, I wish it was Sunday again RIGHT NOW.

    LOL @ the Sephora experience! That's crazy good customer service, although I don't quite like the idea of an item having been opened up before I get to it. But that's the hypocrite in me since I've opened up boxes before when the testers were missing. Glad you're enjoying the palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Liz, me too!

      I almost always see CS people here checking the product isn't shattered etc before wrapping it up - no fingerprints or anything so it doesn't bother me! When it comes to these blush highlight hybrids I think you really have to see the one you're taking home - otherwise you might be stuck with an odd one that has too much marbling or something like that! If they touched them or left fingerprints though I would find that offputting!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...