Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Addicted to Blush Tag (#blushfiend)

I recently decided that there was a distinct lack of blush love on here considering my status as a #blushfiend, and so when I saw the gorgeous Kat from Kitsch Snitch had created a blush tag I was all up on it! Blush is definitely my favourite thing in the beauty world and I had a blast rifling through my rather large blush drawers to pull product for this tag. These answers will definitely change for me as time goes on - sometimes the life of a #blushfiend is fickle, ya know?

What colour blush suits you the most?
I think peach tones suit my skin tone the most, despite it not being my favourite blush shade to wear (neutral wins that, with ease!) I find I receive more compliments when I wear peach tones and it seems to photograph relatively well also.
- peach tones suit me best -
Clinique Cheek Pop 'Peach Pop*'
 Chanel Joues Contraste ' 76 Frivole'
Chanel Joues Contraste '55 In Love'
Pressed/cream/loose blush?
The majority of my blush collection is definitely pressed powder blushes - I find them the easiest to work with, and it takes a really good cream formula for me to want to try it out! I recently bought the new MUFE HD Blush and I've heard it's a great cream formula, so I'm looking forward to testing that out.
YSL Crème de Blush '6 Rouge Passion'
Topshop Cream Blush 'Head Over Heels'
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush 'Exposed'
Illamasqua Powder Blusher 'Naked Rose'
 

Favourite shimmery blush?
I tend to favour Satin finishes in general, but sometimes a nice fine glitter or shimmer doesn't go astray and I like the glow it adds to my face on 'good skin' days. My most recent favourite is MAC's Warm Soul blush which I picked up on my honeymoon, but more glittery favourites are Chanel Pink Explosion (like a satin finish with fine glitter mixed in) and the MAC Mineralize Blush in Hand-Finish. I think the MAC Mineralize blush range is the best way to dip your toe into shimmery blushes if you are unsure of them!

MAC Mineralize Blush 'Hand-Finish'
Chanel Joues Contraste 'Pink Explosion'
MAC Mineralize Blush 'Warm Soul'

Favourite matte blush?
I actually had trouble finding a good range of matte blushes in my collection - most were satin finishes when I looked at them properly! The best matte blushes that come to mind are from Illamasqua - the pigmentation is insane and the colours are usually pretty awesome, so even though I don't wear them very often I'd have to say they are my favourite matte offering!

Illamasqua Powder Blusher 'Naked Rose'
Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo in 'Lover/Hussy'

Favourite cream blush? 
As I mentioned, cream blushes have to be pretty darn awesome to catch my eye and these two releases certainly are! The YSL Crème de Blush range is an old favourite and the Powdery Rose shade is everything, but the brand new Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks have impressed me and I really wasn't expecting them to!
YSL Crème de Blush '2 Powdery Rose'
YSL Crème de Blush '6 Rouge Passion'
Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick 'Just-Pinched Pink*'
Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in 'Pink Fever*'

Favourite drugstore blush?
It's not until you complete a tag like this that you notice trends in your makeup drawers - it seems I have a weakness for high end blushes! These BYS Blush Trios are definitely the best quality 'drugstore' blush I've tried - the pigmentation is stellar, the lasting power is akin to a Myer branded blush and the shades are exciting and varied! The are affordably priced at around $5-6 and they are worth so much more in my eyes. Gorgeous!
BYS Blush Trio in:
On The Brightside
Coral Me In
Endless Summer
Heart Skipped a Beat


Favourite high end blush?
Easiest question in this tag by far - my beloved Chanel Joues Contraste collection took a while to kick off it must be said, but once the ball began rolling it took over my blush love! I used to read posts like this by Pink Sith and swoon over the idea of owning one, but never understood just how amazing they were until Mister bought me one for Christmas a few years ago. My collection has grown fast since then and shows no signs of stopping, Chanel JC's make me so happy!
Chanel Joues Contraste Blushes in:
80 Jersey
76 Frivole
55 In Love
64 Pink Explosion

Favourite bright blush?
I'm not afraid of a good whack of colour in a blush, so I had quite a few to rifle through for this question. I ended up choosing the bright shades that get my heart racing as they haven't been something I reach for too often lately (I'm all about the neutral cheek right now!) The most wearable bright shade is definitely my Chanel JC 'Pink Explosion' which was my first Chanel blush, and I love the way it brightens up my whole complexion when I apply it with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush. Actually, that is how I apply all of my bright blush shades!

BYS Blush Trio 'On the Brightside'
essence Beauty Beats Blush 'Groupie at Heart'
Chanel Joues Contraste 'Pink Explosion'

Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
I've spend years trying to understand the Nars blush phenomenon (perhaps I just haven't tried the right shade?) and the hype surrounding the Bourjois Blush Pots, like this one in Rose D'Or. I had to scrape away a thick layer to get my swatch to show up (and it was gorgeous once I did, for sure!) but so much effort for a blush that keeps hardening up is not worth my time. The worst blush I've ever purchased is definitely the essence Bloom Me Up Blush Stick '01 Chaising Lacy' - not only is the name spelt strangely which irks me, the texture is terrible and pills on my skin no matter what I try, with hardly any pigment to speak of. I just had to swatch you to explain it well - it looks like an arm rash, am I right?
Bourjois Blush '34 Rose D'Or'
essence Bloom me Up Blush Stick '01 Chaising Lacy'
Bourjois swatch, essence swatch

Best blush packaging?
I can appreciate many different blush packaging, but I'm not sure whether or not I have a favourite in this regard...I love how clean and clear Illamasqua pans are but hate breaking my nails opening them, I love my Chanel JC's (which I keep in their boxes) but it's hard to quickly distinguish the blush shade, and other brands have their pro's and con's as well. As long as it is relatively pretty and keeps the product safe, I'm usually a happy camper!

What's on your blush wish list?
I am looking at trying some of the Colourpop Blush line, and also really want to hunt down the MAC Pro Longwear blush 'Make You Mine' which I neglected to buy in America and now really regret it. I always wait with baited breath for a new Chanel blush release and the upcoming Crescendo looks pretty interesting...the new Bobbi Brown Blush Trio's also look utterly delectable to me!

Number 1 holy grail blush?
I have to stay true and choose my wedding day blush for this question - my beloved Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush 'Exposed'! I also snuck in my other HG blush because I'm a rebel like that...the stunning Chanel JC 'Jersey'!
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush 'Exposed'


Tarte Exposed, Chanel Jersey
 
I would love to see everyone I follow complete this blush tag, it's so refreshing to think about your collection as a whole and it's made me pull out old favourites from my drawers to play with! That being said, I would especially love to tag Vita, Norlin, Ling, Sleep and Water, Tracy, Monika and Liz! Feel free to leave any blush recommendations in the comments, too - I would love to know what your favourite blush is, and which is the worst you've ever tried!
-Emma x

26 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on the Chanel JCs for a while now, and after reading your post, I'm seriously lemming Jersey! I need to put that on my wishlist. Thanks for tagging me, dear - it's going to be a difficult post to write, but so interesting! Also, look at that dent in the MAC Hand-Finish... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jersey would be so amazing on you Monika - it's such an amazing colour and the formulation is my favourite. I loved the look of Chanel JC's for so long but it wasn't until I began using them that I saw how intense you could a blush, haha! This post took me quite a while (deciding and captioning most of all) but I love reading posts like this so it was worth it!

      I bought Hand-Finish from a blog sale so had a bit of help in making that dent, but I have used it a lot so I'm proud of it!

      Delete
  2. I'm a blush fiend too, it's my favorite make up product and a look really comes together for me when I apply blush. Loved all your picks, I've yet to try a Chanel JC blush but I really want to, I do have one of their cream blushes but I don't reach for cream blushes as often.
    Come to think of it, I don't think I have many if any drugstore blushes either.
    What a great tag, I might do it as well!

    Chloé⎪ status.chlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, I find the look is perfected when the mascara and blush is on, never before! I am the opposite, I am yet to try the cream blushes as I just couldn't bring myself away from the love of JC's, how silly is that? I love the Revlon drugstore blushes too but they aren't really true drugstore price when you look at the international drugstores, I think that is why I decided to choose the affordable BYS trio's!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tag love! I'm SO doing this one-we were made for tag, hey haha! Love all of your picks especially those BYS Trios HOLY MARY MOTHER OF BLUSH LOOK AT THOSE!! My eyes are popping' baby! And I totally agree with you about the Illamasqua mattes-the best ones for sure. If you can get your hand on that Stila Field Of Flowers Palette, that is my rec for you! I love it. LOTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't participate in a blush tag and not mention you Tracy, seriously now? Notice I mention the MUFE blush? Still haven't tried the one I bought, argh what is wrong with me!?

      Those BYS trios are the bomb, so so intense that I use a stippling brush with them! oooh it's been a long time since I've been tempted by some Stila, intriguing...

      Delete
  4. This is a great tag! Good Qs by whomever came up with it. Most tags are fun but a lot of times some of the questions are like .........??? I'm still a blush fiend as you accurately point out but really need to reduce the stash a little. This will help figure out what I can and can't part with. And I'm so jealous of your ability to wear subtle peaches - bet they're gorgeous on your skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my friend Kat came up with the questions, she is a good 'un for sure! All of the questions were really fun to answer - and I bet if I showed you my stash you would feel much, much better about yours!

      Delete
  5. Ah you've got me at my knees! I'm a HUGE blush fiend too and would love to snatch Tarte's Exposed, Chanel's Jersy and Pink explosion and Naked Rose from Illamasqua! I LOVE berry toned pinks and warm brown nudes much like yourself and totally need to pick up a couple blushes from Chanel! Ugh, they're so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to do this tag Sharlynn, seriously! All of the colours you mentioned would look amazing on you, Naked Rose especially with your gorgeous skin!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for doing that tag honey! Great to see it completed by a fellow blush lover! You have made me want a Chanel blush now... I am tempted to browse on the weekend :P PS Let me know if you are heading to Salon Melbourne! ...I might not read your reply in time so if your going then message me on fb or insta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems you are a whizz at creating these things, nice job! Chanel have quite a few shades that you would rock (if you can stomach the AU price *shudders*) I am heading to Salon on Monday :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for tagging me :D Will definitely put this tag in my list of blog post ideas!

    I think I'm good with blush for now, but then again my makeup obsessions are horrendously cyclical. Right now I'm going through a pink glittery highlighter phase (Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick - geez, enough alliteration there for ya? - is my latest lemming). I'm always about the shadows and the lipsticks (as you probably already know, lol!), so blush, as much as I do like it, doesn't get as much attention.

    The tag questions really inspire me to have a good ol' dig around my blush drawers though. Surprisingly I don't own any blushes from Chanel or MAC! I was tempted by something like Melba or Peaches or even a more nudey/mauve pick (can't remember the name, it was from a LE collection), but found them all way too similar to my existing blushes. Warm Soul is so popular but I'm not sure about the Mineralize blushes and whether they'd be too shimmery.

    I agree about the Bourjois blush pots annoyingly sealing - ain't nobody got time for that! Shame since when they're first opened, the glow and colour they give are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you will pop it into your ideas list - I think your readers would love to hear about your blush feelings! I sometimes go through glittery pink stages as well, they are always fun and MAC Hand-Finish is often used then ;) I had a quick look at those Bobbi Brown bricks the other day and they seem really nice, but the bright blush trios they are bringing out have made me want to stash cash away for those instead!

      I don't own too many of the 'classic' MAC shades which I think I need to work on - ideally I'd like a MAC blush palette but then I fear I wouldn't reach for it as often as I should, as I've found that I do with my other blush palettes. Too much choice in eyeshadow works for me, less so in blush it seems!

      Delete
  8. This is such a great tag, really makes you analyse your blush collection haha! The Chanel JCs look absolutely gorgeous and so wearable. I've always admired them but never been particularly fussed. Maybe one day I'll have to splurge and pick one up! I absolutely LOVE Warm Soul as well! I was also disappointed by the Bourjois blushes, and oh my, the Essence stick looks terrible!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make you think, doesn't it?! I think beginning a Chanel JC collection is a risky move, well at least it was in my case! At least now my husband always knows what to buy me for a gift, right? ha!

      Delete
  9. oh my goodness, you have so many blushes!!! I need to seriously add to my collection haha!

    http://ellacatherine1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the smallest part of my collection, I have so many more than that haha!

      Delete
  10. This is such a great tag ! Good on ya Kat. I have been itching to do it since I saw Kat's video.
    Such a beautiful post Emma. The Chanel blushes look so good. I want one. My favorite blush has to be MAC Blush baby and Tarte Exposed. I want to buy Naked Rose since I have been loving neutral blushes. DO you reckon it will suit my skin tone ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good isn't one? Perhaps the best one yet! Hope you are still planning on doing it? Would love to see your blushes! Blush Baby is one I always swatch and look at but am yet to buy it, will have to get it eventually!

      I think Naked Rose would be pretty on you! And have you seen Morale by Illamasqua? It's a magenta shade that I think you would rock so hard!

      Delete
  11. You my dear friend, are indeed a blush fiend! I know your secrets! ;) Hahahaha...thanks for the tag. Now I'm going to have to rifle through my stash and answer these questions! Stay tuned! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally certified, huh? Love it!
      Cannot wait to see your blushes - I know you aren't as mental about them as I am!

      Delete
  12. Oh I may need to have a little lie down after reading this - such an amazing collection. I have a real weakness for blush too I must admit.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went through a mad blush fiend phase, but have cooled my heels with blush in the past while - I got distracted by lippies, and then got distracted by using my eyeshadows more, and then I got distracted by baby lol. But this post makes my heart pitter patter for blush again! I only own one Chanel JC (but three Chanel blushes) and I'm not convinced by them yet, but you're making a good case for buying another, just to be sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say is thanks for tagging me and I've been enjoying your choices very much! I've got a backlog of posts to work on after my internet catastrophes but this will be high on my list! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god, blush is like my biggest addiction. Thanks for sharing! these are some amazing picks. (I'm now lusting over those chanel blushes)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...