Friday, October 4, 2013

September Empties ft. Antipodes, A'Kin + Lush

Only 11 emptied products this month, but at least I hit double digits!
 
Rexona Girl Tropical Energy deodorant- A constant repurchase, I adore this aerosol deodorant.

L’Occitane Ravissant shower gel*- A lovely product from one of my favourite body care brands. I wasn’t as enthralled with the scent as much as I am with the almond range, so I’d rather spend my moolah on that line instead.

A’Kin Sweet Orange + Sandalwood body scrub*- My full review is here for this lovely and gentle body scrub.

Garnier Fructis Sensitive Scalp shampoo- A staple in my routine, and the only shampoo my scalp will tolerate.

Kmart Makeup Remover cotton pads- Cheap and nasty, these get the job done with ease.
The Jojoba Company Jojoba Bead and Bamboo facial exfoliant* (3ml)- This made my skin feel smooth, but afterwards it felt sensitised and a little tender to the touch. Wouldn’t repurchase as it just didn’t work for me.
Pantene single dose intensive treatment program*- I used this ‘single dose’ treatment twice after receiving it via PinchMe, and it made my hair feel nice and smooth. Would considering repurchasing if I didn’t have a million other hair products to use up first.
Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Gel foundation- My HG foundation, sadly discontinued. Love the ‘skin like’ finish and ease of application- have backups ready to go!
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap*- As much as I love the honey scent of this, this is the second bar I’ve trialled and it just leaves my skin feeling strange. I find it hard to run my hands over my skin after I’ve used this, like it has been stripped (though it isn’t technically drying either…) I’ve no love for this Lush cult favourite, beautiful scent aside.
Clinique Take the Day Off makeup remover- I quite like this bi-phase makeup remover, even though the residue it leaves behind is sometimes a little bit annoying. I would repurchase this (but am going to wait for the next GWP, ‘cause that is how I roll)
 

So now it is your turn to share! How much did you empty this month, and what cleansing oil or balm do you suggest I try next?
 
Emma @ emmabovarybeauty x

8 comments:

  1. Only 11 empties? I struggle to finish 3 or 4 on a monthly basis! I'm awful at using up a product, I have so many half used products laying around but my project pan is helping me finish them off! I'm not really a fan of makeup removers with oil but I received a sample of the Clinique Take the Day Off makeup remover when I bought my Bottom Lash Mascara and I find it removes it really well but I agree, I don't like the feeling left behind so I usually go in with another eye makeup remover to remove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I guess 11 isn't too bad when you look at it after all. I think getting into the habit of using things up before moving onto a new product is a hard one for bloggers like us, but once you begin it feels really good.

      I don't mind the feeling the Clinique remover leaves behind too much, just because it works so well and doesn't cause break outs or anything like that :)

      Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  2. I think you missed the part about Antipodes? :p

    I've heard good things about Clinique's Take the Day Off balm - it must be really different to the makeup remover though.

    You reminded me I have Match Perfection which I barely use. I think I bought it probably around 2 years ago so it might even have gone off :\ I remember the first couple of times I tried it, I really liked it. Then I wore it to the Spa & Beauty Expo the year before last and my skin looked super flaky and oily. Not sure if it was just my skin's condition or whether the foundation inflamed it, but I didn't reach for it ever again after that. Glad to hear you've got plenty of backups of your HG though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are so right, I guess I was holding out on the Antipodes. Let's just say I was making sure someone was paying attention? So thank you for being 'the one!'
      Yeah the cleansing balm is very different, though I've also heard wonderful things about it so will be purchasing it eventually. The cleansing oil I'm using at the moment is so huge, no Clinique purchase is on the horizon for a while unless I weaken haha.

      Delete
  3. I don't really know what cleansing balms are good to recommend you.. Haha. Sad that the Rimmel foundation is now discontinued! I hate to hear people's hg products being discontinued.. Such a bummer! As for empties, I chucked all mine out because I've collected so many that I just felt too lazy to post about. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few balms floating around in my head to try, I'll get there one day ;) Oh no, I wish I could've read an empties post from you :(

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm. I don't use a cleansing oil as such, but occasionally after I've used a Wotnot wipe to remove make-up, I will put quite a few drops of rosehip/jojoba oil on my face - let it sit a while, then use a small amount of diluted apple cider vinegar + konjac sponge to remove the excess. Depending on how my skin feels I might moisturise a bit more after drying off, but usually it's not necessary.

    I haven't tried it myself, but the Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion is quite popular - send me an email with your new address if you'd like to try it :) CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVEN'T CONGRATULATED YOU ON THE NEW HOUSE YET EITHER!! AHHH!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so organic and full of effort Sabine! I adore using cleasing balm or oil, feels like I'm really getting my makeup off. I'll send through my email to you now :) And thank you on the house, we are still so excited even though we've been in here almost 2 months! Too exciting :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...