Monday, October 8, 2012

YSL Glossy Stains // #15 Rose and #4 Mauve Pigmente // Swatches, Photos, Review

I first purchased the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres, or Glossy Stains as they are commonly called, when they first launched in Australia. I have worn them quite a bit since then, and decided that now was the time to share my thoughts on them with you.
I chose two shades,  4 Mauve Pigmente and 15 Rose Vinyl. I would say that I wear Rose Vinyl a tiny bit more than Mauve Pigmente, but both have graced my face often in the last few months.


I adore the packaging of the Glossy Stains, they fit nicely alongside one another (and the Rouge Pur Couture's!) and resemble nail lacquer bottles in my opinion. The black and gold packaging is super portable, and are easy to throw into your handbag and forget about. They would also be perfect for taking on holiday, as they aren't meltable like a lipstick yet have more pigmentation than a standard lip gloss.

 
The applicator is another feature of the YSL Glossy Stains that I find easy to work with, I like to use the tip to line my lips with colour and use the flat section of it to coat my lips in the liquid. I find this a quick and easy way to apply.


When I was shown the YSL Glossy Stains by Maria who works at the Bourke St Myer counter, she told me to apply the colour in layers. I generally apply the first layer and then wait, before loading up another coat and waiting again. A third coat really enhances the colour, and because the coats are thin it does not feel too heavy on my lips. This method also helps with longevity with this formulation.




As you can see the colours can be worn sheer or built right up to a pigmentation that rivals most lipsticks (in the case of Rose Vinyl especially)


I prefer Rose Vinyl over these two shades, as it warms up my whole complexion and sits nicely on the lips with no effort whatsoever. I don't have to worry about it sinking into my lip lines, and when it fades it looks even and a stain stays behind. I often wear this to work for this reason!
 


For some reason Mauve Pigmente would not cooperate on the day I photographed these swatches, it usually goes on more evenly and creates a wine like stain on the lips. It's a great typical autumn/winter shade that I really like on.
 
I leave you with this delightful video from YSL on the creation of these amazing glossy stains, which retail for $50 AUD at Myer and David Jones stores nationally.


 
 
*I purchased both of these myself. Honesty, always.

11 comments:

  1. This was on my wishlist since forever (#12 Corail Fauve)...then I bought it...for my friends birthday! Haha! Did the smell affect you? That was the first thing I noticed when I swatched them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so nice on you. I have Rose Vinyl too and I must say I love the formula too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get some of these! Rose Vinyl looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love both the shades ,..n both look great on you .. I haven't tried any YSL stuff :( really wanna try their lipsticks .. they are so good n look so luxe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh they look purrdy. I'm especially loving the Mauve one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WANT WANT WANT! The mauve one would make your eyes POP like a crazy person (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww they are purdy! I wish I could justify the money on luxury cosmetics tho =/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are so pretty! I really want to try these!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...