Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Burberry Haul // Pale Barley,Copper,Golden Brown

 
Way back in June Christopher and I celebrated 4 years together, and I still haven't posted pictures of my Burberry haul which he bought as part of his gift to me!
I hadn't even planned on looking at Burberry, but as we cruised around David Jones the Burberry sales assistant offered a free makeover so I jumped in the chair and enjoyed some Burberry goodies while Chris played on his iPhone.
Though I didn't get a shot of my makeover, I did get a list of the products used. I was so happy with the way my eyes turned out, that it led to these purchases...
 
Pale Barley was the first thing I asked to try on, I've heard so many people rave about it and I'm really glad to have it in my collection. Naturally, I've taken a million photos of this and it will have its own review so that I don't photobomb this haul too much.
 
Golden Brown eye definer, Pale Barley eyeshadow
Burberry had a promotion on at the time and because we were buying two items, I had a choice of the Burberry Lip Mists. I chose the shade Copper after trying it on, and since then it has been my most worn lipstick. I am definitely going back for another Lip Mist, the formula makes my lips look divine and they are so comfortable to wear. Mine has since snapped inside the tube, I'm so heartbroken so any tips on how to mend it would be welcome.
It isn't often that you hear of full size free cosmetics from brands like Burberry, so I was elated to be able to try (and fall in love with) one of their lip products. The sales assistant was kind enough to throw a heap of samples in my gorgeous Burberry shopping bag (mainly for Chris, as he was nice and sweet as I was getting my face done!)
 
Have you tried anything from the Burberry Beauty line?
What are your thoughts on cosmetics as luxury items?
Do you love getting GWP's and samples with purchases?
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh you got the golden eye definer!! that's been on my wish list!!!! your counter is so nice to give you a lip mist i bought like 4 things and i did not even get 1 sample!
    Enjoy your new products!!!! they all look so BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @lilladylife It is the prettiest golden shade! It was a GWP for quite a while on my counter, and the lady just threw the samples in without me even hinting that I'd like them! Maybe she was just in a cheerful mood that day ;P

      Delete
  2. You got a freebie lipstick? That's awesome lol. I love Pale Barley too <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jess Free Burberry lip mists never happen, I still think I dreamt the whole thing;P Was an awesome makeover, too. Pale Barley is so pretty

      Delete
  3. LOVE your choices! The only thing I've never tried is their eyeliners actually. Love to hear your thought on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tracy thanks! I think I chose things I would wear a lot (most of the Burberry line is like that though, isn't it?!) I will use the eyeliner some more and then let you know how I go.

      Delete
  4. Love Burberry at the moment. I have tried the lip mists, lip covers and blush. I really want to try more though especially the eyeshadows.

    A very generous GWP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the haul n Belated wishes to both of u .. Hope you keep having many more and continue to be pampered by awesome gifts :) I love these kinds of golden brown shades featured in your haul for everyday ..n no I haven't tried anything but ya hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fantastic purchase! Burberry is such a great luxury brand. I like the lip colour, look forward to seeing some swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, nice work! I have yet to try any Burberry makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great haul! Never tried Burberry makeup but want to so bad! Lipmist looks fab :) Congrats on 4 year anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow if you had bought all the products from your makeover it would have cost you ~$600!!!

    The eyedefiner looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Burberry's still on my to try list! I love their packaging but I haven't even had a swatch at the counter yet...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You bought some excellent stuff there. I am a big Burberry fan I just love everything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pale Barley has been on my wishlist for ages! I believe it was $35 in the US, so it's not heaps more expensive here (if you consider you need to add tax onto the $35). Nice that the lipstick was a freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a great deal! I wish there was a Burberry counter here in Peth!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...