Monday, May 21, 2012

Hauling!

I have slowed down my shopping recently in preparation for our engagement party and saving money in general, but thought I'd show you a few of the things I've treated myself to lately.


I had been meaning to pick up the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter, and when I heard that it had been discontinued I knew the time had come. I picked it up on Strawberrynet for around $46 as they had a 10% makeup promotion at the time. I've used it quite a bit since and have a proper review of it in the pipeline, but for now I will say that it is worth hunting for!

A while ago Priceline had a promotion on for Maybelline products in which you could buy any 3 face products for $30 AUD. I needed to pick up my beloved Dream Matte Powder, and threw in a 24hr Stay concealer as I didn't have a concealer in my collection. I also chose the Dream Liquid Mousse foundation as I had seen Lilit mention that it was her HG foundation here and thought it sounded nice. I'm quite happy with all of these so far!


After work the other night I popped into Kmart for a wander, and came out with some Rimmel goodies in hand. The Punchy Taupe shadow was something I thought would be a good addition to my collection, and I couldn't go past the bright blue shade in Celestial Sapphire either. I didn't own a white eyeliner so was pleased to grab this Pure White one, and the Stormy Grey shade just for something different.


I am a sucker for a good blog sale, and managed to snaffle a few MAC pieces from Jen's blog sale here. I had been looking at the Russian Red lipstick, lipglass and limited edition nail colour which is coming out with the MAC Fashion Sets collection, and lo and behold up popped the lipglass, cheap as chips! Still want to get my hands on the lipstick, though. I thought the Nylon pan would be good for adding to my MAC collection (see my MAC palette here) and I have been wanting a bright yellow shadow, and Chrome Yellow certainly fits the bill!


Ah, YSL, my weakness. This Rouge Pur Couture in Rose Bergamasque has already crept its way into my favourite lipstick list, and I have Jessica to thank for spurring on the purchase! It's a stunning, wearable shade that I have been using quite a bit lately, and I have a whole post on this little beauty coming up real soon.
Amber Diamond, Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation, 24 Hour Stay Concealer, Rose Bergamasque, Chrome Yellow, Nylon, Russian Red, Pure White, Stormy Grey, Celestial Sapphire, Punchy Taupe.

What do you think of my haul?
What was your last beauty purchase?


10 comments:

  1. They discontinued amber diamond???? :( :( :( I have it and love it so much, maybe I need to get a backup!

    Love the haul, the lipglass looks incredible!

    And CONGRATS on your engagement, I must have missed the news!!

    Hannah xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Hannah I know, isn't is so crazy? All the stores I went to were like 'ha, no way we don't have any. good luck finding one' Strawberrynet to the rescue! Aw thank you, yeah we got engaged in jan but waited until I finished uni to celebrate with a party xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the Amber Diamond. It's one of my favourite products. I can't wait to see your review of it! You got some great stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kimberley It's such a stunner, I thought it wouldn't live up to the hype but I'm loving it so far :) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely haul! That 3 for $30 was a bargain, I wish I had seen it myself! Can't wait to read your review on the Christian Dior shimmer powder :) I still haven't touched mine yet as my face has broken out in an eczema rash again :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rin I love it when Maybelline have that sale! Keep an eye out for it, they have it every now and again. Dior review isn't far away:) Hope your rash is getting better! xx

      Delete
  4. Rose Bergamasque and Russian Red are such stunning colours! Punchy Taupe looks really pretty as well, though I haven't had the best experiences with Rimmel eyeshadows. Amber Diamond has been on my wishlist for a while, I just can't justify the expense having so many highlighters already, but 10% off from SN seems like a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul girl! I can't believe Amber Diamonds is being discontinued, I LOVE mine. Also, yes you do need Russian Red lipstick. d: x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the frakking frak, HOW could they discontinue Amber Diamond? I own it so I'm okay, but wtf. D:

    I love Nylon and Russian Red lipglass too <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dream Liquid Mousse by maybelline is seriously my go to foundation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't recommend it enough to people, it gives me such a nice medium coverage without the weight other foundations have, and it stays all day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...