Monday, March 12, 2012

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes

Being quite new to the beauty game means I haven't had years of finetuning application technique or finding my HG product list (yet!). I have spent my time, however, trying new things that come my way and trusting my gut instinct as to whether or not I like them. In my search for a 'perfect' mascara, I present Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes. 
Doll Eyes vs Bare lashes
My gut instinct says this mascara does good things for my lashes!
I've forgotten how I came to possess this sample size Lancome Doll Eyes mascara (have a feeling it might've been in a beauty sample box?) but I'm mighty happy that I've had the chance to try out a high end mascara for the very first time.
This 2ml sample excited me first with it's name, as I'd definitely love to have lashes like a doll! The scent that it possesses was another interesting aspect. If anything, other mascaras I've tried smell like chemicals, but never have I had one that smells of roses!
The smell probably won't be an awesome addition for those with super-sensitive eyes, but for me it's a nice touch that makes my mascara application in the morning a little bit of aromatherapy as well! This mascara doesn't smudge on me at all and I find the formula wears well, even on long days and into the night. It's not a very wet formula which I prefer, as it means less mascara splodges when my lashes hit my lids.

The brush tapers out at the end to make a sort of cone shape, which makes it easier to wiggle into the lashes on the very outer and inner corners of my eyes. I find that I'm still often too lazy to catch every lash on my way out of a morning (see photos for proof of this, wasn't my best application efforts!) but it's nice to know I've got a wand that is capable of it.


Wider shot of my mug which isn't flattering, but shows the difference quite well I think.

Overall I am really enjoying using this mascara. I do find that it stings if it gets into my eyes (for eg if I don't remove my makeup before I shower) but that is the case with most mascara so I'm not complaining. I will most likely repurchase this as a full size in the future, but will probably stick to cheaper priced mascaras for everyday wear.

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara retails for $52 AUD and is available from David Jones, Myer and online at Adore Beauty here.
What is your HG mascara?
What mascara do you think I should buy when this runs out?
Drugstore options?
Feel free to leave any of your mascara review links in the comments below :)

26 comments:

  1. Heads up on this one - my full sized Doll Eyes I got from SNet for about $35 ;) And YES I adore this mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm trying to be more frugal but will keep Snet in mind when I look to pick up a full size of these. Glad to hear you adore this mascara,too!

      Delete
  2. I also love this, my other fave is the Makeup For Ever smokey lash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the one the Pixiwoo sisters use? That one looks great:)

      Delete
  3. I have this to, I think it came in the Lust Have It sample box. I love love love it!!! Such a great mascara, I've almost finished my sample and I probably can't afford the full size unless I get it online.

    I thought I was a weirdo for thinking it smelt pretty, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    I also love Benefit 'They're Real' mascara, it's really good for a higher end one & for drugstore Maybelline Falsies and Covergirl Lash Blast have always been pretty good. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that must be where I've gotten this sample from! I really enjoying using this. I find it hard to spend so much money on something I know only lasts a few months, though it does smell amazing. I bought 'They're Real' and can't wait to break it out, and I've used Falsies before too and loved it.xx

      Delete
  4. Love this mascara- it really lengthens and thickens your lashes! Looks very pretty on you :) It's my HG mascara as well xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment sweety :D Your lashes are amazing so I'm happy you love this one,too.

      Delete
  5. Although I love makeup, both high end and drugstore, mascara is one of those things that I have always been really cheap about. I don't know why but I am scared of buying expensive mascaras! This makes your lashes look wonderful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest Nancy, I am completely the same. It doesn't last long enough for me to spend my limited cash on pricey mascaras, though this one is so tempting as I love the way it works for me.

      Delete
  6. Wow. That looks amazing on you. Definitely a dramatic "doll" eye effect. Beautiful.
    I also has a sample of this. I actually really loved that it smelt like roses and not a cocktail of chemicals. Some days it will smudges on me and other days its absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so happy that you think I managed the doll eye effect! I adore the little bit of aromatherapy that comes with each application,lol. It doesn't smudge on me, it's strange that it sometimes smudges on you.

      Delete
  7. Oh my god! Your lashes look amazing! What a shame it's so hideously expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling :) The price tag is a little ahh inducing though

      Delete
  8. This is my HG mascara also! Woohoo! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good on you lovey :) I'd keep an eye on it coming out on sale for you but your so on top of all the sales and new releases that you will see it months before I will lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweets. I have a bunch of unopened mascaras in my drawer (I'm sure you've seen;P) so will have plenty to work with while I wait for this to come down in price :D

      Delete
  10. Im actually going to do a mascara review soon on my blog... been thinking about it for a while :)
    My absolute favorite HG mascara has to be Lancôme Définicils mascara :) ITS AMAZING!!
    My absolute favorite drugstore mascara varies a bit but I seem to always go back to Maybellines The Colossal Volum´ Express :) I had a mascara by Dior once that was AMAZING but it is now long gone and I forgot its name :)
    Mascara has to be the number one thing that girls always try to find the perfect one of :)

    Your lashes look amazing even without that Lancôme mascara but they really look fantastic with it on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, can't wait to see your review! I haven't tried either of those mascaras, will have to have a look at them. I hate wet and clumpy mascaras so am always on the lookout for recommendations xx

      Delete
  11. I have been meaning to check this out for a while now! Thanks for the review and your lashes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Shivani! It's a really lovely product if you like the smell of it

      Delete
  12. I love the Lancome Mascara's. My favorite was the definicils - but I think it has been discontinued :(
    Might giev this one a go (once I can afford it...)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How frustrating to have a favourite discontinued! Yes this is one to save for :D

      Delete
  13. lancome honestly has the best mascaras, i've found....haven't been disappointed with a single one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people say that their HG mascaras are Lancome! :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...