Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nails & Novels

A not so regular instalment on emmabovarybeauty, nails & novels is the place where I share with you all the book I've been reading, and the colour on my nails. My nails have been bare for a few months now, but I'm beginning to get excited over colour on my fingertips again. Hopefully I'll start to take better care of my fingers and you'll see more of them!
'Amazing Face' by Zoe Foster, and Plum Delicious by Orly
I was uber excited for the release of Zoe Foster's beauty bible, as I have loved every other book she has written, and own them all. This is even better, because it's the beauty babble I share with friends, except funnier and more articulate. I'm taking a dose of this each night to perk up the bad mood I've been in, and the nails I am rocking at the moment are making me smile too!
*
My local chemist had the mini Orly polishes on sale for $4.99 AUD, and I couldn't pass it up. Sadly the whole range doesn't come in this form, but still a decent selection. This is my second Orly mini, I like them because of the price point and the fact that I never finish up a regular sized bottle anyway. FYI, the minis hold 5.4ml /.18Fl Oz so cheeky me has no problem taking them in my handbag for touch ups if they chip while I'm out.
*
The shade is Plum Delicious, and I've popped it on top of a murky purple from Elianto (shade name unknown, Chris has taken it to put it away and it has gone AWOL) and on the ring finger of each hand I've put it on top of a Miki mini in a vivid pinky purple shade (again,AWOL) The colour combo's turned out quite similar despite the base shades being miles apart, but I really like the sheen that Plum Delicious has over them. On it's own it's too sheer for my liking, but my it's pretty over the top of another. I'll play around with it some more, and show you what it looks like on top of other varnishes soon.
Plum Delicious on my stubby nails
 *
What do you have on your nails at the moment, and what book are you reading?
I'm taking any nail polish/book titles for reccomendation, so please throw some into the comments below!!
emmabovary xx

4 comments:

  1. WOW, colour me shocked! I tried to look up this book on Amazon and it WASN'T there!! LOL I had to Google it! I found it on the publishers site though and it looks great!! I like the idea of a beauty book that's more technique/instruction and less "Red lipstick and winged eyeliner make you look RETRO!" Like duuuh thanks tips! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a brand newbie, it's gold. Giggles and tips are the best combination! And I agree, a lot of the books have obvious things but this is constantly surprising me with things I'd never contemplated before. Well worth a purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I'll have to check that book out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...