Friday, April 29, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Concealer

Purchased this under-eye concealer when Target had a sale going on if you bought a certain number of prodz. I was in a rush and just grabbed it, and often it's that sort of shopping that uncovers my favourites. Here are my thoughts on Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer with Softflex:
*Pen-form, which comes with pros and cons. You have to twist heaps upon first use (annoying) and though it generally takes two clicks to perfection, some days a heap splurges out and is wasted=( Other days nothing comes out and I just stand there, click click clicking away.

*Great for travelling as it's lightweight and slim.

*Nice and creamy, it's really natural provided it's blended right out. I generally blend it all, then go over again just to be sure. First few uses saw me rock up to work with crepey eyes, before I started doing this.

*Though it lasted me a while, I feel as though the size of the pen in silly considering that you twist up most of the way before getting any product. As you see in the picture above, most of it is packaging and not product. I would prefer it to be in a mini-pen form.

*Lasts all day, no touch ups required. Revlon says it can be used on blemishes too, but I have only tried that when I've been desperate. It's a good temporary blemish cover. Non-drying, just as promised.

*Priced at $26.95, I feel like this could be a bit cheaper considering it's 'drugstore', but overall am happy to pay that price for a product that actually does what it promises to do.

Overall, I'm happy with this concealer and plan on buying it when others I am trialling are used up. Are you a fan of the Revlon ColorStay ramge?
emmabovary xx

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Revlon foundations and concealers etc. but the colour range in Aus sucks for darker skins so I've never bothered. I haven't tried looking in a while but the last time I went I was lighter than the darkest shade, darker than the second darkest shade and they were all way too pink based!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's not cheap...but then again, this is Australia :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugs- Yeah I find it hard to get a good match in concealers and I'm at the opp end of the scale to you! Such a pain. In this I'm the shade light/medium, which is pretty vague but a lucky match.

    Ling- I probably wouldn't have bought it if not for the promo that was on at the time. Glad I did, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the Revlon one as I am always unsure whether the price is going to match the quality. I currently am using the Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour concealer. It is better than my last, but still not perfect. I may give the Revlon one a go, as mine is drying on blemishes so I would like to see if this would be any different.
    The Maybelline one does go a long way and does last all day, but it uses a wand applicator, so this does have a bit of wastage when you can't get to the bottom of the bottle when its almost empty. For around $11, i was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...