Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Woe is Me

In Melbourne, the change between the seasons is not clean-cut. We have blazing hot days in winter and frosty ones in summer, making it hard to make the transition without getting ill. I usually fall sick over the crazy Christmas period, but escaped unscathed this year. End of March, it seems, was the substitute. Now for the whinge:




My throat is on fire, I'm coughing like a smoker (never puffed on one in my life) my body is aching,my ears are throbbing...diagnosis? Terrible case of the whingies, with a cold thrown in for good measure. I am lucky I do not have the sniffles (*touches wood*) and have thrown together a few essential items for when you just feel crappy.


Suvana Paw Paw and Honey Balm

I first learnt of this balm from Zoe Foster over at Primped, and I picked it up at Target last week with the loose change from my handbag. Cleaner than infecting a gloss with my germs, I use a small amount of this on my fingers and apply to my lips. A full review will be up soon, so for now all I will say is that this is a winner!


Benefit High Beam (free in a magazine promotion)

My glow is all but gone right now, so this little princess works wonders at faking it for me. I apply on the top of my cheek and brow bones and voila! I'm awake!



Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist

I live for this product, I really do. My skin is super-dehydrated and this really hydrates me throughout the day, as well as smelling lovely and making me smile. Full review up soon.



NARS Laguna Bronzer (free as a Mecca Maxima opening promotion)

Deathly pale at the best of times, when I'm sick every comments on how drawn I look. A quick swipe of this and I'm alive again, thank goodness.


Soothers Orange and Mango Liquid Centre Lozenge

Delicious and helpful, I love these juicy-tummied bad boys!


So there is my list of what's keeping me sane right now. Feel free to comment with sympathy and pity to make me feel better about myself.

xx emmabovary

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame you're feeling sick :( The climate where I live is quite mild, which helps to keep me in good health- touch wood- pretty much year round. That said, some of these products sound lovely for every day, particularly the Jurlique Balancing Mist. Thanks for the recommendation!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babe, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post idea! Hope you get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cee- Yeah I'd much rather it be steady at one or the other, but you just never know in Melbourne. I highly recommend the Jurlique mist, it's incredible!

    Lilit-Thank you, I feel much beter already!

    Angela- Thank you,too. Thought it made sense to share what I've been drilling lately, glad you liked the idea it means a lot =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...