Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lip Balm Love-Burt's Bees Lip Balm


Burt's Bees lipbalm claims to be soothing, nourishing, hydrating and replenishing. I have to say that it does tick these boxes, and is a super hydrating balm.


Packaging-4.25g tube, yellow case and red lid. Covered in writing and two cute little bees=) Not the sleekest design but cute and easy to find in the handbag.


Smell- I can't quite put my finger on the smell of this, but it's 'organic-y', if that makes sense. I'm not a fan of the smell, as it's evident while on the lips as well as in the tube.


Taste-No real taste, just a feeling that's linked with the smell of it when on the mouth.


Texture-Super soft but sticks to the lips well. Feels like it's really penetrating my lips, thank heavens, as many balms neglect to do this.


Aesthetics-No shine or shimmer, would be good to use under a lippy.


Reapplication-Softness lasts quite a while on me, but doesn't stay wet on the lips for as long. You have to push down super hard when applying as the stick is pretty sold, which is a tad annoying.


Repurchase-While I love how smooth this makes my lips feel both short and long term, the smell turns me off. I'm interested to check out the other Burt's Bees range of balms, but if the smell is consistent throughout I will just use this one and deal with it.
emmabovary xx

4 comments:

  1. I agree about the smell, I've tried 3 different lip balms from Burt's Bees, and I don't like any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried this particular one. Tried the honey one and hated the smell. I'm now using the original one and that's not too bad. Quite like the smoothness and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad others feel the same about the smell. It's too bad, because the balms are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried the regular ones and the one with Acai berries and the one with Acai berries have a lovely scent (if you ask me :D)
    I do not like the regular ones though cause they feel way too waxy on my lips :/
    The one with Acai berries is wonderful though :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...