Monday, January 31, 2011

A Morning Routine

Sometimes I feel down on myself with this blog, as I've only been at it a short while and wish there were more reviews up. I want to use products from extended periods of time before reviewing them, and so find the waiting/trialling period hard. I will, from now, share my thoughts on a product when the time feels right, but if my opinion changes on any I will be sure to include a link to the correction. If anyone has any tips on how they go about trialling products (duration etc) please let me know.




Without further adieu, here is my usual morning routine. It may not be complete, or perfect, but it's what I do and I thought I'd share!














*First I slap on Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (just happens to be the one I'm trialling at the moment)

*Pop some Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in no.52 on, and blend in with my fingers.

*Swipe some Revlon Colorstay Under Eye Concealer in Light/Medium on, and blend.

*Powder my face with Maybelline Finish Matte Pressed Powder in Light Beige 02, which sets both my concealer and my foundation.

*I smooth on my Softlips balm (favourite is the coconut cream scent for those playing at home) to prepare my smackers for whatever colour I've chosen for the day.

*Brush on some of my favourite blush,Sportsgirl's Get Cheeky Cheek and Eye Shimmer. I'm about to hit pan on this, and since they've discontinued it I'm holding on for dear life... Brush I'm using atm is a fluffy Beautilicious one

*Brush and fill in my brows with my Elianto Brow Definer Pencil in03 Light Brown.

*While I often get creative with my eye make-up, my never-fail shadow is Clinique's Strawberry Fudge. I found it sets wonderfully with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, though you need to apply a heavier layer.


I change up lippies every day, so thought it best not to include a particular one. These are my favourite products- what are yours?!

emmabovary xx

2 comments:

  1. You'll have lots of product reviews up soon, it just takes time :)

    I like to trial a product properly before I review it too. For skin care I usually wait till I've used the product up before I review it and for make-up I wait until I've been using it regularly for at least 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been sticking with certain products to make sure I use them consistently before I pass judgment. I see so many FOTD mixed with reviews and get frustrated-my skin is breaking out and I don't want to photograph it. Thank you for the tips, those guidelines seem like a good idea. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...